To be responsible for designing all web assets for Seven’s digital clients, working to a client brief, ranging from small microsites to unique new builds.
Job Title: Web Designer
Reporting to: Digital Creative Director
To be responsible for designing all web assets for 3cabezas’s digital clients, working to a client brief, ranging from small microsites to unique new builds.
To respond to client briefs with innovative, cost-effective digital design solutions and be able to implement them within tight schedules.
• To design all web sites to meet client brief and to ensure that they are visually effective and easy to access.
• To liaising closely with the digital team and clients at the briefing stage to answer key questions such as: why is the site needed, who is the target audience, who are the leading competitors, etc.
• Designing a draft site for client approval or modification when needed
• Testing the web sites for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions to ensure the design have been accurately built.
• Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content when required
• Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary
• Design websites to be built using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
• Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients.
Skills and experience
• Proven experience in web design, working in a consumer publishing environment
• Experience of designing frequently updated editorial sites
• A strong online portfolio displaying user-centred design.
• Advanced knowledge of illustration with Adobe Photoshop, Flash and Illustrator with formal training an asset.
• A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small busy team.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
• Extensive experience working on a Mac platform.
• Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
• An Art, Design or Media based Honours Degree or equivalent
• In depth knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques.
• Skills with Actionscript are useful but not essential
• Experience of Final Cut Pro and video editing
For further information or to apply for this position please send and up to
date copy of your CV and online portfolio to Andrelog Cristofa at email@example.com